1. DATA PROCESSING CONTROLLER
The ASOCIACIÓN ESPAÑOLA CONTRA EL CÁNCER (SPANISH ASSOCIATION AGAINST CANCER), with tax code G-281975645, and the FUNDACIÓN CIENTÍFICA DE LA ASOCIACIÓN ESPAÑOLA CONTRA EL CÁNCER (SCIENTIFIC FOUNDATION OF THE SPANISH ASSOCIATION AGAINST CANCER), with CIF G-28655033, both domiciled at Amador de los Ríos Street, 5, 28010, Madrid (hereinafter and jointly, the “CO-CONTROLLERS”) undertake to respect user privacy and the safety and security of your personal data. Therefore, the user is informed of how the COCONTROLLERS will collect, process, and protect the personal data provided through http://worldcancerresearchday.com/, (hereinafter, the “Website”).
2. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
• ASOCIACIÓN ESPAÑOLA CONTRA EL CÁNCER (hereinafter referred to as “AECC”)
• SCIENTIFIC FOUNDATION OF THE SPANISH ASSOCIATION AGAINST CANCER (hereinafter referred to as “FAECC”)
These entities have jointly determined the purposes and means of processing users’ personal data and have signed an agreement that determines enforceable roles and responsibilities in compliance with the applicable data protection law. You can request a summary of the agreement by writing to the emails listed below.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Postal Mail: Amador de los Ríos Street, 5, 28010, Madrid
3. INFORMATION AND CONSENT
You are hereby informed and give your voluntary, informed, specific and unequivocal consent to the personal data that you provide through the Website, and the data gathered as you browse and any other data that you may provide in future, be processed by the CO-CONTROLLERS in accordance with this policy.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH THE DATA IS PROCESSED
The personal data provided through the Website will be processed by the CO-CONTROLLERS for the purposes described below:
• To process applications from interested parties using the contact form on the website.
• For AECC and FAECC to send you news about activities that may be of interest to you with information about their activities, programmes, events and services, provided that the user does not object to this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• To offer the user the option to sign the World Declaration for Research on Cancer.
• To enable users to register activities to spread awareness of cancer research.
5. OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE CERTAIN INFORMATION
The data gathered through forms on the web site (or by any other means) are, in general, required to comply with the purposes specified. Also, if the user does not provide certain data (such as identifying or contact details) or provides inaccurate information, we will not be able to deal with your requests.
Users may revoke their consent at any time by sending an e-mail to the contact addresses listed in paragraph 2 of this policy.
• Declare that they are of legal age and that the data provided to the CO-CONTROLLERS are true, accurate, complete and current. For these purposes, users vouch for the truthfulness of all data submitted by user and will keep the information current so that it reflects the actual situation.
• In the event, you must ensure that third parties whose data you share have been informed of the contents of this policy. You also declare that they have given you their permission to disclose their data to the CO-CONTROLLERS for the specified purposes.
• You are responsible for any inaccurate or false information that you provide through the website and for any direct or indirect damage incurred by the CO-CONTROLLERS or third parties.
6. TYPES OF DATA
• Identifying data: first name, last name.
• Contact details: e-mail address, postal address.
• Browsing data: the minimum necessary to enable functioning of the website.
7. LEGAL GROUNDS
The data is processed on the following legal grounds:
• To process browsing data, the user’s consent.
• To manage queries, requests for information, complaints and/or grievances, the user’s consent.
• To send you news about activities, events, and information about AECC and FAECC, legitimate interest.
• For the purpose of signing the World Declaration for Research on Cancer and related matters, the user’s consent.
• For registration of activities carried out to raise awareness of cancer and related matters, the user’s consent.
• For creating anonymous statistical reports, the legitimate interest of the CO-CONTROLLERS.
Users’ data may be disclosed to:
• Our suppliers, as necessary to fulfil the purposes described above and to provide the requested services. These suppliers shall not process your data for purposes other than those of which you have been previously informed by CO-CONTROLLERS.
• Competent authorities, for the purpose of sending them the signatures of the users that signed the World Declaration for Research on Cancer and/or the Spanish Cancer Research Manifesto.
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
CO-CONTROLLERS will only process user data in the European Economic Area and no international transfer of data is foreseen.
10. STORAGE PERIODS
The data will be processed for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, unless the user requests that CO-CONTROLLERS delete it, challenges it or revokes his consent.
The data will be kept for no more than five (5) years, calculated from the time it is provided, solely to comply with demands and/or to respond to claims, with the exception of its use to send news about AECC and FAECC activities, for which purpose it will be kept until the owner of the data unsubscribes from the news distribution list.
11. EXERCISE OF RIGHTS
You may write to the CO-CONTROLLERS to exercise your rights at any time, free of charge, attaching a photocopy of your identity document, with the reference “Data Protection”, to the addresses listed in paragraph 2 of this policy:
Users are informed that they may exercise the following rights:
• Revoke any consent granted.
• Obtain confirmation as to whether the CO-CONTROLLERS are processing the personal data.
• Access your personal data.
• Correct inaccurate or incomplete data.
• Request deletion of your data when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were gathered.
• Obtain limitation of the data from the CO-CONTROLLERS in any of the circumstances provided in the data protection law.
• Request the portability of data provided by the user in cases provided for in the regulations.
• Bring a personal data claim before the Spanish Data Protection Agency at Calle de Jorge Juan, 6, 28001 Madrid, when the user considers that any of the CO-CONTROLLERS have violated the rights recognised by the applicable data protection regulations.
12. SECURITY MEASURES
Finally, we are pleased to inform you that we will treat your data as absolutely confidential at all times, upholding our duty of secrecy with regard to this, in accordance with the applicable regulations, by adopting the requisite technical and organisational measures to ensure the safety of your data and to prevent any alteration, loss, processing or unauthorised access, given the state of technology, the nature of the stored data and the risks to which they are exposed.
Last updated: September 2018